The Learning Landscape

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Thing #22

I love the audio eBooks that allow me to see pictures and text while listening to someone reading it. This can be found in the online gallery of the British library. I also like it because the larger text allows people with poor eyesight to read the ebook.

Although LibriVox has the literature book "Where Angels to Tread", it gets a little boring to just listen to it. This may be good enough though for people with failing eyesights or are blind. They can still "listen" to a good book.

That literature book can also be downloaded in various formats from "Best Places to Get Free Books", which is good. Now I can read it without having to buy it, and still play my part on saving the Earth by not cutting down more trees. :)

My preference is to be able to download the eBook to "read" at leisure. It is a little slow to open up the eBooks sometimes when the internet traffic is very heavy. Having the files will also allow me to "read" them when commuting on public transport.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home